- 2,50 €
- 3,25 €
- 5,50 €
- 24,95 €
- 5,50 €
- out of stock2,60 €View product
- Discontinued4,10 €View product
- Discontinued2,50 €View product
- Discontinued4,90 €View product
- Discontinued5,90 €View product
- Discontinued12,00 €View product
- Discontinued25,10 €View product
- Discontinued21,50 €View product
- out of stock2,70 €View product
- Discontinued2,40 €View product
The Abbaye de Grimbergen was established in 1128, which makes it one of the oldest breweries still in the production today.
The brewery has suffered disasters over the years, each time rebuilding bigger and better. The brewery’s original slogan Ardet nec consumitir - Burn without consuming - and Phoenix logo, symbolise rebirth.
Since 2000, four slogans have succeeded one another. From 2000 to 2006, the famous slogan was changed to Et le silence se fait - Silence descends - followed by, Au nom du silence - In the name of silence - 2007-2008. In 2008, Si subtile qu’elle impose le silence - So subtle that it demands silence -became the new slogan, finishing with Le pouvoir de renaître - The power of rebirth – in 2010.
Almost nine centuries later, and despite facing disaster on a number of occasions, Grimbergen is still going strong. Philippe Collinet, communications manager at Grimbergen, says: “Our brand has always been strong. The distinguishing feature of the speciality beer market is the use of powerful images.”
The brewery has drawn on the past to find its true values: the long history of the abbey, rebirth, the phoenix, as well as the mystic secret world that made this beer famous.